Here's another crock pot recipe that is one of my faves. You can replace the chicken with beef or tofu. If I had some peas on hand, I would have added them as well.
- Garlic (the more the better for me)
- 1/2 or 1 white or yellow onion (diced)
- 1-2 whole carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1-2 russet or golden potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- Chicken (dark meat, white meat or a combo of both; I used skinless and cubed the meat; you can use bone-in to add more flavor; cut according to preference or leave whole pieces)
- Tomato (based) sauce (at least 1 cup but it depends on how much sauce you like)
- Water to create sauce (add according to your preference; I prefer medium thickness/not too watery)
- Spices (I added 2 teaspoons each of the following: turmeric, paprika, cumin, coriander powder, garlic powder, onion powder, sumac; adjust according to your personal preference; no need to include all of these)
- Salt and pepper
- Bay leaves (I like alot; don't forget to remove them when serving)
- Parsley or cilantro when serving
- Jasmine rice (or couscous, brown rice, etc.)
Oil your crock pot to make clean up a snap. I use my spray device for even distribution and no waste.