Thursday, September 5, 2013
Monday, August 19, 2013
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or more to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine couscous, avocado, corn, strawberries, cilantro and pine nuts. Stir in lime vinaigrette.
2. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime zest and juice, and sugar in a small bowl. Toss into salad and serve.
[Image and Recipe via Nature Box]
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Friday, July 19, 2013
*1 cup H20
*1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
*10 drops tea tree oil
*10 drops lavender oil
* spray bottle
Simply add the water and vinegar into your spray bottle, followed by your oils. Close the spray bottle and shake vigorously and you're all set. But don't stop there. Experiment with your own oil blends to create your own personal concoction. I prefer using 2 oils for each batch (but no more than 3 oil blends so as not to confuse my senses too much). My favorites oil blends include lemon and either grapefruit, peppermint or basil.
[Recipe and Images via BLDG25]
Friday, July 12, 2013
Eating right is not just about looking good. It's also about feeling good and being healthy. It's so vital that each of us takes care of our bodies by not only consistently exercising, but also by consuming vitamin-rich foods. Avoid salt and instead reach for the Lemon Pepper and other herbs and spices that pack on flavor without the fat, calories and sodium. Hydration is so important, especially during Summer. Choose foods that are in season. Not only are they the most fresh, but they are cheaper! P.B.B. wants you to give yourself the best chance at a long, healthy and happy life with super foods! Let's continue to have a great Summer!